CREATE A CRAFT FOR FREEDOM
We had so much fun celebrating our freedom to create. I made this cute craft with my daughter. She is 9 and loves making pretty things. I don’t do crafty decorations very much. So with some help from fellow neighborhood moms, this patriotic craft was born. We found some ideas like it for sale online. Then it was decided to make it our own, for a way better price. If you need a more simple craft to do with your kids try out these flags and fireworks….& LET FREEDOM RING for the 4th of July!
- 3 wooden blocks (width = 1.375 in. by lengths = 5, 6 & 7 inches. )
- 3 acrylic paint colors (red, white, blue)
- Wood Glue
- Vinyl Letters (Let, Freedom, Ring)
- Ribbon (36 inches)
- 1- Cut wooden blocks to desired lengths. We used a Furring Strip Board (Common: 2 in. x 2 in. x 8 ft.; Actual: 1.375 in. x 1.37 in. x 96 in.) It was cut into 5, 6 and 7 inch wooden blocks.
- 2- Sand the rough edges of the wooden blocks with sandpaper.
- 3- Paint each of the wooden blocks 3 different colors. We used our favorite patriotic colors (red, white and blue)
- 4- Glue the wooden blocks together with wood glue. Let dry.
- 5- Cut and add vinyl lettering. One word for each block.
- 6- Tie your ribbon around blocks with a bow at the top.
- 7- Express your love for freedom by displaying for all to see. LET FREEDOM RING!!!