TEACH WITH SIMPLE CRAFTS, Series – Part 2: FLAGS and FIREWORKS!
OUR SEASONAL COLLAGE WALL (Summer)
In Part 1 of my Teach With Simple Crafts we made a spring flower garden. Now summer is nearly upon us…Memorial Day and 4th of July bring patriotic creativity into our thoughts. We decided to create an American flag of our own design to go on our Seasonal Collage Wall. While creating this flag we had some fireworks going off too. No way you say…well my kids are that amazing ;). Gabe had designed a firework display for us before it was through and Liam joined in too. I was witnessing a spectacular display of kids craftiness!
The process is quite SIMPLE. There’s just a few things you need to get you started on your crafting…
- White Poster Board or Regular 8 x 11 Paper
- Red Paper -Cut into strips
- Blue Paper – Cut into a rectangle
- Glue – (stick or bottled)
- White Paint – acrylic paint or finger paint (if concerned about stains)
- Cut out strips of red paper.
- Cut blue paper into a rectangle.
- Paste blue paper in upper left corner of white poster board or paper.
- Glue red strips across the poster board horizontally as shown in picture.
- Use white paint to finger paint stars onto the blue paper.
- There you have it – stars and stripes in RED, WHITE and BLUE!
- Hang on a wall and you’ve got your very own patriotic collage wall.
- GAME- Go on an I SPY FLAGS drive/walk. Count all the American Flags you see.
- SING– The Star Spangled Banner. Music and Lyrics HERE
- READ – I Pledge Allegiance Book. Buy HERE
- PAINT– Finger-painting Fireworks – What goes with the stars and stripes better than some FIREWORKS….Use regular paper and colorful paint to finger-paint some fireworks to go with your awesome flag kids craft.
Feel FREE to show us the FLAGS and FIREWORKS your creative kids make…
Teach With Simple Crafts Series –
Part 1 – SPRING FLOWERS