We are so honored and excited to be nominated for the LIEBSTER award by Katie at Growing Up Katertot. It is our very first blogging award and that makes it our most favorite award ever! 🙂 Thank you for choosing us Katie. Hop on over and check out Katies cute blog HERE! I’m excited to follow her family friendly recipe section because who doesn’t need good dinner ideas?!
As part of accepting the Liebster award you have to write 11 facts about yourself- HERE GOES…
1. Between the three of us we have 10 KIDS!! That’s 100 fingers and 100 toes we are responsible for! No wonder we are exhausted!
2. Meg and Jamie have the most DARLING story of how they became friends! It’s inspiring and I can’t wait for them to share it on the blog;) HINT HINT!
3. We frequently get together for project nights (more on that soon…) and also belong to the same Power of Moms group. We see each other A LOT:)
4. Why moms is a 5 MOM team. The 3 of us…a Boss/website designer..and our dear friend Mama D who acts as our consultant/editor.
5. We’re most productive between the hours of 9pm-2am and usually hold most of our meetings during those hours.
6. We’ve successfully fooled our husbands into thinking that we are at “work meetings” when really we are just hanging out having fun.
7. One of us has been skydiving…one of us dreams of going skydiving…and the last one would surely die of fear before jumping out of the plane.
8. All 3 of us agree that motherhood is a lot like the movie Groundhog Day. The alarm goes off and it starts. ALL. OVER. AGAIN.
9. In our previous lives we were a nurse and two teachers. Now we are busy teaching little ones and nursing skinned knees.
10. Combined we have 93 years of life experience! Just this month our YOUNGEST member entered the dirty thirty decade- although she still looks 18;)
11. We all disagree about the correct way to say crayon.
12. We all burn more calories laughing then we do at the gym.
13. We tried to convince our husbands to start a WHYDADS blog…they graciously declined:)
14. Its supposed to be 11 facts- we can’t count..
KATIES QUESTIONS & OUR ANSWERS:
1. HOW DID YOU DECIDE ON THE TITLE OF YOUR BLOG?
We saw a common theme between the three of us- Moms that were searching for the WHY behind what they spend their days doing. WHY were we washing the floors for the third time today? WHY were we up all night planning birthday parties or helping with school assignments. WHY do we do what we do and WHY does it matter.
2. DO YOU HAVE ANY PETS?
M- 9 chickens and a fish
K- (My childs answer) Just a dog and a dead rabbit (apparently she will need therapy from her bunnies sudden death;)
J- 2 dogs (a goldendoodle and a weiner dog)
3. WHAT DOES YOUR DREAM HOUSE LOOK LIKE?
M- A farmhouse in the country
K- A cottage in the woods- not too far from Target
J- A beautiful beach house to entertain family and friends
4. DO YOU HAVE A SIGNIFICANT OTHER? HOW DID YOU MEET?
All 3 of us married our college sweethearts…and such good choices we all made.
5. HOW DO YOU UNWIND AFTER A DIFFICULT DAY?
We send out an S.O.S. text and meet for a late night laugh session.
6. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TRAVEL DESTINATION?
M- Alaska- the nature and adventure are EXTREME.
K- China- The history, the architecture, the people… SIGH!
J- Greece- I spent 3 years of my childhood there and would love to go back!
7. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BOOK?
M- Probably one of the 15 sitting on my night stand waiting to be read..
K- Leo Buscaglia’s books- his words have greatly influenced my parenting!
J- Do cliff notes count as books?
8. DESCRIBE ONE OF YOUR HAPPIEST CHILDHOOD MEMORIES..
M- Going up the canyon to play in the river with my mom and sister.
K- Family baseball games at the park when my Dad was still healthy and well.
J- Building forts and riding horses up at the ranch.
9. IF YOU HAD 3 WISHES WHAT WOULD THEY BE?
M-That my Dad would be well again. My family would live a long happy life together..and PEACE ON EARTH..
K- That my children would stay healthy and safe. That the more calories I ate the skinnier I would get. 3. That there was a pause button to push in all those little moments of life- the soccer goals/the recitals/ the Tuesday afternoons. I just want more time to cherish the time..
J- That my brother would be alive again. That my family would live happily ever after together. That I would live my life without regrets.
We also have a few nominees to receive the LIEBSTER AWARD- We chose blogs that we thought were providing a GREAT message to the world. Thank you for sharing your time/words with all of us! Our nominees are (drumroll)…
4. STYLED ARROW
OUR QUESTIONS FOR OUR NOMINEES:
1. What motivated you to start a blog?
2. What message do you hope to share with the world through your blog?
3. What is your favorite hobby?
4. What would we be surprised to learn about you?
5. What is something quirky about you?
6. What color are your toenails right now?
7. If you had to choose one meal as your last meal what would you choose?
8. Where is your favorite place to shop?
9. What would your dream day look like?
10. What is the best vacation you ever took?
11. What advice would you give to your younger self?
Don’t forget to check out our nominees and Growingupkatertot! Happy Thursday Friends!!